Poorly marked, unlabelled or damaged tape archives can prevent you from conducting restore requests and destroying end-of-life data correctly. At Kroll Ontrack, we can help you:
- Prevent accidental destruction of archive data
- Avoid compliance or litigation issues
- Decrease the time taken to search and restore data
- Reduce costs associated with retaining legacy tape data
Tape audit process and consultation
All tape audits can be tailored to your needs, but our basic process includes:
We search for tapes that might be unsupported by your current IT infrastructure or that have been catalogued incorrectly.
Understand what storage technology you have in-house and verify that your team have the skills and time required to access legacy data.
Data retention analysis
We can identify any end-of-life data within your tape library and assist with destroying it effectively and in a timely manner.
Media quality evaluation
We can help you test the health of your tape archives to avoid discovering damaged media during a time-critical restoration request.
What’s included in our service?
- An electronic catalogue with a full listing of all data stored on each tape
- Data integrity and inconsistency reports
- Support for all tape and media formats
- Restoration of a sample of tapes or the complete set – the choice is yours
- A dedicated and experienced Project Manager
Read. Watch. Explore.
[[Tape resource centre ]]