Kroll Ontrack offers data recovery discount for storage devices affected by storms and floods in the UK
Kroll Ontrack offers support to UK flood victims with discounted data recovery services for damaged devices
Epsom, 6 January 2016 With dangerous storms causing historic flooding and property damage in Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire and many parts of Scotland and Wales, Kroll Ontrack is offering support to the victims with a free diagnosis and a 15% discount for data recovery of all desktops, laptops and USBs affected by flood waters and storm impact.
“Heavy storms and flooding can be devastating for businesses and individuals, at times resulting in the loss of personal or business property, including data loss when digital devices are damaged or become non-functioning,” said Phil Bridge, Managing Director at Kroll Ontrack UK. “While many possessions can be replaced and are usually covered by insurance, the same can rarely be said for digital data. Kroll Ontrack has been helping victims of natural disasters recover their important and sentimental data for 30 years.”
Valuable information is stored on business and personal computers and laptops – critical financial information, irreplaceable photos, videos, music, tax forms, contact lists, passwords and the like. When natural disasters occur, it can cause devastating data loss scenarios. This fact is evidenced by the increase in the number of jobs Kroll Ontrack receives following natural disasters.
For more information on this offer, contact Kroll Ontrack at +44 (0)1372 741 999; or online at krollontrack.co.uk/data-recovery-quote-flood/
TIPS: Kroll Ontrack recommends that victims fearing loss of their vital information consider the following before assuming that the damage is permanent:
- Never assume that data is unrecoverable, no matter what your equipment has been through
- Do not shake, disassemble or attempt to clean any hard drive or device that has been damaged; improper handling can make recovery operations more difficult which can lead to valuable information being lost
- Never attempt to dry water-damaged media by opening it or exposing it to heat, such as from a hairdryer or radiator
- Do not attempt to operate visibly damaged devices
- Do not attempt to freeze-dry media
- Do not use common software utility programs on broken or water-damaged devices
- For mission critical situations, contact a data recovery professional before any attempts are made to reconfigure, reinstall or reformat
About Kroll Ontrack Ltd
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, search, analyse, and produce data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review services. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: Krollontrack.co.uk follow @KrollOntrackUK on Twitter or subscribe to the Kroll Ontrack Data Blog.
# # #
Judith Massey - Judith.Massey@citigatedr.co.uk