NetJapan and Kroll Ontrack announce global strategic partnership
Industry leaders in backup and disaster recovery join forces to offer enhanced solutions for Microsoft® Exchange Server in Europe, Asia and the United States.
Epsom - 17 December 2014 – Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of data recovery, and NetJapan Ltd, publisher of backup, recovery and virtualisation software solutions, today announced a global strategic partnership to combine Kroll Ontrack's recovery software for Microsoft Exchange Server with NetJapan's backup and disaster recovery solutions.
This new partnership integrates Ontrack® PowerControls™ with NetJapan's ActiveImage Protector backup and disaster recovery solutions for both virtual and physical Windows Exchange servers. Users can now benefit from granular recovery of emails and mailboxes in Exchange, and also from NetJapan's fast and reliable sector-based backup and inline data de-duplication and compression.
“We are very excited about this strategic partnership with Kroll Ontrack, which brings together their world-leading Ontrack PowerControls solution with our ActiveImage Protector superior backup and recovery solutions for physical and virtual Microsoft Exchange servers,” said Robert Pfundmair, managing director of NetJapan Europe. “This is a great opportunity to reinforce NetJapan as a one-stop backup and recovery solution provider for our reseller and MSP channels.”
Kroll Ontrack and NetJapan share a joint vision for this partnership: putting the ultimate in backup and recoverability for Microsoft Exchange servers into the hands of resellers, MSPs and end users around the world. NetJapan will immediately begin offering Ontrack PowerControls through its worldwide reseller channels.
“Thanks to NetJapan's distribution channels, this strategic partnership is a perfect opportunity for us to expand the reach of our Exchange granular recovery solution not only in Europe, but also in Japan, across Asia and in the United States,” said Paul Le Messurier, programme and operations manager at Kroll Ontrack. “The synergies between Kroll Ontrack and NetJapan will bring our customers a better, faster, more reliable backup and disaster recovery solution for Microsoft Exchange Server.”
Features of NetJapan ActiveImage Protector and vmGuardian include:
- Cross-platform backup and disaster recovery for physical and virtual Windows and Linux plus Hyper-V and VMware ESXi hosts and VMs
- Storage requirement savings up to 70 per cent with the Inline Data Deduplication Compression feature
- Smart Sector technology that backs-up only changed sectors
- One-click physical to virtual migration without a pre-existing backup
- Bare metal recovery to different hardware
- Fast granular file and folder recovery
- Integrated replication to three different locations (offsite and local)
Features of Ontrack PowerControls include:
- The ability to eliminate brick-level backups or Exchange recovery servers
- Recovery, restoration, search and export capabilities with Exchange Server archived and recoverable items with the same convenience as active mail items
- Searching, restoring, exporting, and analysing mailbox items directly from Microsoft Exchange Server backups, EDB and information store files, or a live Exchange server
- Restoring items directly to your production Exchange server or any PST file directly from your server backups or un-mounted EDBs
- Simplification of email management tasks such as Microsoft Exchange Server migration and mailbox creation
- The ability to granularly search, collect and export content in a forensically sound manner within a live Exchange server environment, providing a more comprehensive and accurate data collection
NetJapan will distribute Ontrack PowerControls alongside its ActiveImage Protector and vmGuardian solutions through its authorised resellers, MSPs, system integrators, business partners and distributors throughout Europe, Asia/Pacific and North America.
NetJapan, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is a privately held company based in Tokyo, Japan. NetJapan develops, markets, and supports the ActiveImage Protector and vmGuardian lines of quality backup and recovery solutions. ActiveImage Protector and mGuardian currently protects tens of thousands of servers and PCs worldwide.
For additional information about NetJapan in Europe please contact:
+44 (0)20 360 82 710
About Kroll Ontrack Ltd
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, search, analyse and produce data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit our website, follow us @KrollOntrackUK on Twitter or subscribe to the Kroll Ontrack Data Blog.