Kroll Ontrack brings world class data recovery and computer forensic services and solutions to Hong Kong
Local Recovery Lab and Cleanroom to Provide Fast and Secure
HONG KONG, April 15, 2008 – Kroll Ontrack®, a leading provider of data recovery and legal technology products and services, today announced the opening of its Hong Kong office. Equipped with a full-service recovery laboratory and cleanroom, the new facility will provide more expedient and cost-effective service for local customers by performing recoveries and forensic analyses in country.
Demonstrating a sustained commitment to worldwide expansion in countries with vastly growing data management needs, Kroll Ontrack has three additional Asia Pacific offices in Singapore, Australia and Japan. Located within parent company Kroll Inc.’s Asia Pacific headquarters, Kroll Ontrack (HK) Limited will provide in-lab and cleanroom services, remote service, on-site service, custom service, do-it-yourself software as well as computer forensic analysis capabilities to local businesses, individuals and Kroll’s corporate client base.
“Hong Kong’s dynamic commercial environment, sophisticated infrastructure, highly skilled workforce and proximity to mainland China make it well positioned to serve as an international business hub for companies operating on a global scale,” said Adrian Briscoe, general manager, Asia Pacific, Kroll Ontrack. “Kroll Ontrack is committed to providing customers with world class data recovery and computer forensic services and our presence in Hong Kong will enable us to provide customers with a local, efficient and secure option for their data recovery needs.”
With its proprietary cutting-edge data recovery tools and techniques, Kroll Ontrack offers the fastest, most convenient and cost-effective solutions to recover lost or corrupted data from virtually all types of operating systems and storage devices. Its extensive range of Kroll Ontrack recovery solutions specifically include:
- In-lab and cleanroom recovery services that are performed in secure Kroll Ontrack facilities designed for opening media and other storage devices. These services are performed by highly trained engineers in severe data loss situations that result in malfunctioning and physically damaged hardware as well as situations where the hardware is fully functioning.
- Remote recovery service performed directly on servers, desktops or laptops through a secure modem or Internet connection eliminating the need to dismantle or ship the media or hardware to a lab. This service utilizes patented technology and highly trained engineers to support data loss situations where the hardware is fully functioning.
- On-site recovery service performed at a customer’s location by Ontrack® Data Recovery engineers. This service is typically for more complex and sensitive data loss situations.
- Custom recovery service executed in secure Kroll Ontrack facilities. Offering custom-designed recovery solutions for proprietary and/or highly complex systems, a staff of R&D experts works closely with a company’s developers or IT staff to create a solution to meet the most unique needs.
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) software such as Ontrack® EasyRecoveryTM and Ontrack® PowerControlsTM. These easy-to-use applications allow IT professionals to recover and repair data from more than 290 file types including Microsoft® Office, Outlook® and Exchange Servers for mailbox recovery efficiency. Furthermore, Ontrack® Eraser allows users to safely wipe all traces of data stored on targeted media before disposal – ensuring that sensitive information does not fall into the wrong hands.
- Computer forensic service providing expert case-critical consultancy and advanced evidence analysis. Using court-tested methodologies and strict chain of custody processes, Kroll Ontrack’s forensic specialists ensure client evidence is admissible in court.
In addition to a comprehensive suite of highly advanced data recovery and forensics solutions, Kroll Ontrack is dedicated to providing secure and reliable service throughout the entire data recovery process. The company offers around-the-clock customer service in 14 languages, real-time tracking of job progress through Ontrack Online™ and Ontrack® VeriFile™ reports, which allow you to view the condition of all your recoverable files before deciding to proceed with a data recovery service.
Kroll Ontrack’s Hong Kong office is located at 1701-02 Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its data recovery services, please visit www.ontrackdatarecovery.com.hk or call +852 2884 7788.
About Kroll Ontrack
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers recover, search, analyze, produce and present data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, advanced search, paper and electronic discovery, computer forensics, ESI consulting, and trial consulting and presentation services. Kroll Ontrack is a technology services division of Kroll Inc., the global risk consulting company. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com; www.ontrackdatarecovery.com; www.engeniumsearch.com; www.trialgraphix.com.
Kroll, the world’s leading risk consulting company, provides a broad range of investigative, intelligence, financial, security and technology services to help clients reduce risks, solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Headquartered in New York with offices in more than 65 cities in over 33 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary corps of more than 4,800 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies, and individuals. It is a subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC), the global professional services firm.